West End United Weekend of Champions 2016
What a great weekend of soccer we had on September 24/25th. The fields were packed all weekend long with many smiling faces both on and off the pitch.
On the West Field where our U12 and older teams played their games many of our Saturday matches went to penalty kicks and a number of the finals played on Sunday were also extremely closely contested. Congratulations to all our Tournament and Regular Season Champions!
The mini-fields were in use for U10 and under with the teams involved all played two games each in a festival type of format and the team officials, players and parents all seemed to be enjoying the action.
Thank-you to all of our numerous volunteers who helped with the weekend and the entire season, for that matter from our convenors to our team officials and all of our other club volunteers and staff that make soccer what it is in our community not only during tournament play but throughout the entireseason.
Besides our Director of House League – Craig Van Every, THPFC recognizes the considerable time and efforts of our two Coordinators – Suzanne Advani (U12 and older) and Craig Caslick (U10 and under) as well as Treva Thompson not only leading up to and during the weekend but throughout Outdoor2016.
We hope to see everyone back on the pitch next year for Outdoor 2017!
Volunteers needed! Please sign up by clicking here
The Weekend of Champions is the annual end-of-season tournament for THPFC's West End United House League.
- Every team plays at least one game. Some teams advance to the next round.
- Medal ceremony after each team's last game. Every player receives a medal. Team photos will also be distributed.
- Pizza from one of our Club's major sponsors, Pizza Pizza, will be served on Saturday. Hotdogs and hamburgers from our friends at the Grenadier Café and the Grenadier Fund will be served on Sunday.
- There will be a drop-off box for used (but still in good condition) uniforms and equipment (soccer shoes, balls, shin pads, etc.) that you no longer need.
- Coaches, please drop off your coach bags and equipment so the Club can reuse them next year.
About the schedule
- Players and team officials should arrive at least 15 minutes before game time for pre-game preparations. Games must start on time in order to complete all games over the weekend.
- For U12 and up, team names are not given as the matchups have not yet been determined. Team names will be added after the matchups are finalized.
- Weekend of Champions goes ahead rain or shine. However, games will be cancelled or postponed in the event of lightning. Also, games will be cancelled or postponed if the conditions are such that play could cause significant damage to the fields.
Parking in High Park is very limited. Parking is allowed in designated areas only. If it doesn't look like a parking spot, it probably isn't!
The City tickets aggressively. Illegally-parked cars get a $100 ticket. Please consider walking, cycling or taking the TTC.
This event cannot run without a large number of volunteers from players' families. We need many people to give one or two hours of their time. Parents, grandparents and siblings are all welcome. High school volunteer hour letters are available. Roles will include set up, tear down, serving coffee, photo distribution, etc. We need a minimum of one volunteer from each team in the league. If you can help, please contact email@example.com there will be a sign up form available soon as well