West End United Weekend of Champions 2017
Dates: Saturday and Sunday, September 23and 24 2017
Location: High Park soccer fields
Our season is coming to a close this month with the Weekend of Champions scheduled for September 23 - 24 at High Park. The Weekend of Champions is the annual end-of-season festival for THPFC's West End United House League. This will be a fantastic weekend for kids, parents and grandparents alike. A full park, lots of soccer being played and an opportunity to celebrate a successful soccer season! We will kickoff on Saturday starting at 9:00a.m. and will end around 5p.m. on both days weather permitting.
You will find schedules for the games in the age group links above. Games will proceed, rain or shine. Only thunder and lightning, or poor field conditions will force us to modify our plans. All games will be in High Park on the mini fields for the U7, U8 and U10 Divisions, which are just north of the baseball diamonds. The large field on the west side of the park is for the older age groups.
- Every team play at least one game.
- Junior Divisions play 2 games in a festival format on Saturday only. (Some teams play back to back this could not be avoided.)
- Senior Divisions play a one game playoff based on their ranking during the season. Winners move on to the final on Sunday.
- Medal ceremony after each team's last game. Every player receives a medal.
- Pizza for all the players and team officials after the medal ceremony on Saturday. Drinks will not be provided, so players/parents should bring water. In keeping with the City of Toronto's water bottle policy, please bring water in refillable, reusable water bottles only, and don't forget to take your water bottles with you when you leave.
- Hot dogs / burgers will be provided for players after medal ceremony on Sunday by the Grenadier Park Restaurant. Vegetarian options will be available.
About the schedule:
- Please ensure that players arrive AT LEAST 15 MINUTES BEFORE GAME TIME. The schedule is tight and games will start promptly. Teams that start short of players run the risk of defaulting.
- Weekend of Champions goes ahead rain or shine. However, games will be cancelled or postponed in the event of lightening. Also, games will be cancelled or postponed if the City of Toronto closes the High Park fields. The City of Toronto does, on rare occasions, close the fields if heavy rains result in concern about damage to the fields.
- Please check your email and our website in case of bad weather for updates on cancellation or changes to the schedule.
- 2 x 20-minute halves
- 1 x 5-minute half-time break
- Senior Division: If there's a tie: penalty kicks (5 shooters per team)
Parking in High Park is very limited. Parking is allowed in designated areas only -- if it doesn't look like a parking lot, it probably isn't -- and the City tickets aggressively. Please consider walking, cycling or taking the TTC.
This event cannot run without a large number of volunteers from players' families. We need many people to give 1 or 2 hours of their time. Parents, grandparents and siblings are all welcome. High school volunteer hour letters are available. Roles will include set up, tear down, helping out at the tents for food, schedule, etc.. If you can help, please contact AdvaniS@smh.ca or sign up online here (link for volunteer sign up).
There will be an Administration Tent set up for the Weekend of Champions for the following services:
- Registration forms for Indoor House League
- Lost / Found
- Meet and greet with Toronto High Park coaches for the development and competitive programs
Return your old uniforms. Toronto High Park FC will collect your old uniform kits and any other soccer related equipment (shin pads, shoes, balls) and pass it on to Second Kicks for use by less fortunate kids.
We look forward to seeing you in High Park and want to thank you again for helping us make this a great season of soccer!