Player Code of Conduct
The Toronto High Park Football Club (THPFC) is all about you, the player. Everything we do is to make your soccer "experience" the best it can be.
As a player you should...
- Play for the fun of it, not just to please your parents or coach.
- Play by the rules. Never argue with or complain about the referee calls or decisions.
- Control your temper and most of all, resist the temptation to retaliate when you feel you have been wronged.
- Concentrate on playing soccer and on affecting the outcome of the game with your best effort.
- Work equally hard for your team as for yourself.
- Be a good sport by cheering all good plays, whether it is your team's or your opponent's.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated.
- Remember that the goals of the game are to have fun, improve skills and feel good.
- Don't be a showoff or a ball hog.
- Cooperate with your coaches, teammates, opponents and the referees.