Parental Code of Conduct
Parent participation is very important for THPFC to help us achieve our goals in developing youth soccer. We expect all parents to adhere to the following code of conduct;
- Support your child, your coach, and the referees.
- Encourage your child to respect the referees and coach.
- Parents should not force an unwilling child to participate in sports. Remember children are involved in organized sports for their enjoyment.
- Teach your child always to play by the rules.
- Teach your child that hard work and an honest effort are often more important than a victory.
- Help your child work toward skill improvement and good sportsmanship in every game. Your child will then be a winner even in defeat.
- Do not ridicule or yell at your child for making a mistake or for losing a game.
- Set a good example. Children learn best by example.
- Applaud good plays by your team and by member of the opposing team.
- Do not publicly question referee judgment and never their honesty.
- Recognize the value and importance of volunteer coaches, referees and officials and give them their due respect.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from youth sporting activities.