Launched in 2014 with the 2001 age group, the Ontario Player Development League (OPDL) is one of the province's first standards-based, youth high performance leagues combining top level competition with strict, high performance training standards.
The OPDL is one piece of a large, transformative process that Ontario Soccer is undergoing to modernize soccer in Ontario. This innovative, exciting youth high performance program is an important component of the core principles of Long Term Player Development (LTPD) across soccer in Ontario and Canada.
LTPD helps talented youth players, who have the ability and dedication to train at higher levels, develop into top players with a strategic training philosophy in mind.
The Benefits of OPDL
The benefits of OPDL include:
- Highly qualified coaches:
- Coaches at U14 and U15 require a minimum National B License,
- Coaches at the U13 level require a Provincial B License,
- License Holders must offer goalkeeper training and strength and conditioning programs.
- A high quality game day experience.
- A longer competitive season.
- A year-around, periodized training calendar with minimum training standards.
- High quality game-day and training venues.
- A ‘best-on-best’ competitive environment.
- Scouting exposure.
- A clear pathway to next-level opportunities in the sport.
OPDL at Toronto High Park FC
As is the case for all new OPDL license holders, Toronto High Park FC will be fielding male and female teams in the U13 age group. Player trials will begin in September of 2017, for the 2018 season commencing next May.
THPFC will be hosting an information night to cover a variety of topics involving the OPDL:
- Date: August 24 2017
- Boys 7:15-8:15pm
- Girls 8:30-9:30pm
- Location: Swansea Town Hall, 95 Lavinia Ave. TO, M6S 3H9
- All players wanting to try out MUST first fill out the registration form prior to arriving at the field, session information will be emailed to each registrant before the first session (Sept 9)
- There will be a $20 fee to attend any or all of the 4 open trials. The fee will be payable at the field on the first session attended, cash only
- Location: Lakeshore CI 350 Kipling ave (LCI)* two exceptions
Wednesday September 6th * Location: Eglinton Flats #4 (North West corner of Jane and Eglinton)Girls: 6:30pm
Saturday September 9th LCIBoys: 11am
- Saturday September 16th LCI
Boys: 9amGirls: 10:30am
Wednesday September 20th * Location: Eglinton Flats #11 (South East corner of Jane and Eglinton)Girls 6-7pmBoys 7-8pm & 8-9pm
- Wednesday September 27th LCI
Boys 6-7pm and 7-8pmGirls 8-9pm